19.7 C
Harrow on the Hill
Wednesday, June 19, 2024
HomeNewsPropane gas cylinder explodes in garden shed in Harrow Weald

Propane gas cylinder explodes in garden shed in Harrow Weald

At least four fire engines rushed to Harrow Weald this evening (22 July) as a garden shed caught fire in Theobald Crescent just off Long Elmes.

Two garden sheds were completely destroyed in the blaze, the garden of the property was also torn apart by the fire. A large propane gas cylinder used for barbecues exploded within one of the sheds that added to the damage.

Footage and images posted in the Harrow Online Group shows the smoke visible from as far as Harrow View Point. Four fire engines were called to Long Elmes to tackle the blaze.

Thick clouds of smoke could be seen coming from the rear of a property as members of the public looked on to see the fire services tackle the blaze. Some members of the public reported hearing an explosion before the fire which we now know was the propane cylinder exploding.

One person said: “I heard a loud bang and then I could see smoke everywhere. Does anybody l ow what’s happened on Long Elmes? I hope nobody is hurt”.

Another member of Harrow Online commented: “Explosion near Headstone Lane station. Fire brigade now on scene”.  Thankfully we can confirm that no injuries were sustained in this incident and the fire was safely dealt with by London Fire Brigade by 21:36hrs.

Never miss another news story, subscribe to Harrow Online for FREE!