Ruislip Lido will be limited to a set number of visitors after Easter and on a trial basis Hillingdon Council have said.
During the first lockdown, hundreds of people gathered at the lido to enjoy the sunshine which caused social distancing fears and outrage on social media.
The sheer amount of visitors to the Lido meant that Hillingdon Council were forced to temporarily close the beach area which was fenced off.
— Harrow Online (@harrowonline) May 31, 2020
In May last year, Hillingdon Police tweeted about the incident saying: “said: “Police have been called to Ruislip Lido to reports of large group gathering. Please use common sense when it comes to social distancing. #Covid19UK.”
At the time, Hillingdon Council said: “Accordingly, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close the beach at Ruislip Lido in response to visitors not adhering to social distancing guidelines at the site.
“Whilst we wanted to keep the beach open for recreation in line with government guidance, and are aware that many residents are sticking to guidelines, we have decided to close and fence off the beach in the interest of public safety.”
Hillingdon Council have also confirmed that council marshals will be on site to assist with the re-opening and allow visitors to the lido.
A spokesperson from Hillingdon Council said: “From Easter, on a trial basis, we will be limiting the number of visitors allowed at Ruislip Lido at any one time to 1,200, and council marshals will be on site to assist.
“This will allow people to keep visiting the Lido, while ensuring everyone remains safe.
“Social distancing remains crucial in all our parks, so please remember to follow the latest government guidance and stay at least two metres apart from anyone you don’t live with.
“And please help to keep our borough clean and tidy by taking any rubbish home with you.”