-1.5 C
Harrow on the Hill
Friday, December 9, 2022
HomeNewsRoof of house completely destroyed in Harrow Weald

Roof of house completely destroyed in Harrow Weald

Emergency services rushed to Harrow Weald on Thursday (20 May) after a house caught fire in Weighton Road at around 6pm.

Members of the Harrow Online Instagram page sent footage that showed smoke drifting across Harrow Weald Park (Boxtree Park) as London Fire Brigade tackled the blaze in the road opposite.

Roof of house completely destroyed in Harrow Weald Harrow Online
London Fire Brigade, London Ambulance Service and Met Police at the scene.

One Harrow Online member said: “there’s a big fire in Harrow Weald, it doesn’t look good, loads of fire engines and police cars are on Weighton Road”

Two people were taken to hospital and we await further updates in relation to the cause of the fire.

 

A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We were called at 6.34pm today (20 May) to reports of a fire at a residential property on Weighton Road, Harrow.

Roof of house completely destroyed in Harrow Weald Harrow Online
London Fire Brigade arrived quickly to tackle the blaze.

“We sent an ambulance crew and an incident response officer.

“We treated two people at the scene and took them to hospital.”

Roof of house completely destroyed in Harrow Weald Harrow Online
London Fire Brigade worked hard to tackle the blaze.

A spokesperson for London Fire Brigade told Harrow Online: “Six fire engines and around 40 firefighters were called to a fire at a house on Weighton Road in Harrow yesterday afternoon.

“Half of the ground floor, a large part of the first floor and the whole of the roof were destroyed by fire in the two floored house.

“One man and one woman were treated on scene by the London Ambulance Service and were taken to hospital.

“The Brigade was called at 1657 and the fire was under control by 1921. Fire crews from Northolt, Mill Hill, Stanmore, Hendon and Harrow fire stations were at the scene.

“The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental and due to an electrical fault.”