Harrow home owners, or those with landlord permission, can register to install solar panels through a council and GLA approved group-buying scheme – which saves money.
Residents are connected with trusted suppliers, helping them to buy high-quality solar panels at lower prices than they could on their own.
The Solar Together scheme saves money on both installation and future energy bills. Battery storage is available, too – this stores unused energy generated by solar panels so that the energy can be used whenever you want, rather than just during the daytime. Small and medium sized businesses can also apply.
Cllr Varsha Parmar, responsible for Environment & Climate Change, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity to get the best deal on a personal level while making a difference to our Harrow environment and helping to tackle climate change.
“Choosing a supplier for solar energy can be daunting but all the hard work is done for you – you invest in a quality product that will save you money straight away as well as in the long run.
“I hope as many of you as possible will take up the offer to get the best deal for everyone.”
The Solar Together scheme has been designed to make the process simple for residents. Here’s a breakdown of the process:
– Residents register their interest online from now until 15th March. To register simply provide some basic information about the property and its roof, with no obligation to continue
– A supplier auction will then take place when approved solar suppliers will bid for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household
– From 4th April residents will be contacted with a personal recommendation, costs and specification for solar panel installation
– Residents have until 13th May to decide whether to accept the recommendation. To help make a well-informed decision, they will also be offered the opportunity to attend an online information session with the winning installer
– If residents accept the recommendation a conditionally refundable deposit of £150 is paid and then a survey and installation date are agreed
For more information or to register interest in the scheme visit Solar Together