5.9 C
Harrow on the Hill
Wednesday, April 24, 2024
HomeNewsFirefighters tackle flat on fire in Pinner

Firefighters tackle flat on fire in Pinner

London Fire Brigade have reminded people of their white goods safety advice after a flat fire in Pinner.

The fire was in a flat on West End Lane, Pinner, firefighters from Harrow and Northolt Fire Stations tackled the small blaze in the kitchen of a first-floor flat on Sunday morning (20 Feb) and removed a dishwasher from the building.

Thankfully, there were no reports of any injuries. The fire is believed to have involved a dishwasher.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “We strongly advise against running machines not designed to be left on, like washing machines, dishwashers or tumble dryers overnight.

“If a fire breaks out whilst you’re sleeping, you’ll have less time to react and safely escape. It’s really important to have working smoke alarms to provide you with the earliest warning of a fire in your home.

“If your white goods start making a strange noise, don’t ignore it. If you think there’s a problem always unplug it and contact the manufacturer or a qualified repair technician.

“Most fires where white goods are the source of ignition are not down to anything you have done – so always make sure you register your appliances as you’ll be informed if any issues are identified with the product you’ve bought.”