-1.5 C
Harrow on the Hill
Friday, December 9, 2022
HomeNewsSeven people escape unharmed after fire at student accommodation in Uxbridge

Seven people escape unharmed after fire at student accommodation in Uxbridge

Seven people have fled a building on fire in Uxbridge unharmed after reports of a blaze in a student accommodation.

Part of a communal kitchen at the residency on the first floor of the building in Uxbridge was damaged by fire. The fire is believed to have been accidental and caused by an ‘electrical event’ within the extractor hood, the Brigade said.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “This incident is a reminder of just how important it is to have working smoke alarms in your home. Smoke alarms fitted in the kitchen area raised the alarm.

“Smoke alarms give the earliest possible warning when a fire starts. We encourage everyone to have smoke alarms fitted in every room where a fire could start.

“It’s also a good idea to have a heat alarm fitted in your kitchen. Fitting a heat alarm in your kitchen will give you warning of an increase in temperature caused by a fire but will not be set off by cooking fumes.”