5.9 C
Harrow on the Hill
Monday, December 5, 2022
HomeNewsSt George’s in Harrow evacuated after small fire breaks out

St George’s in Harrow evacuated after small fire breaks out

St George’s shopping centre in Harrow was temporarily evacuated today after a small fire broke out.

A member of Harrow Online who was at the scene in Harrow Town Centre said that they were “surprised to see a number of fire engines outside” as members of the public were being evacuated.

The fire started in an electrical hot water cylinder and was swiftly dealt with by firefighters who arrived at the scene promptly.

London Fire Brigade: “We were called at 1432 to a fire in an electrical hot water cylinder within a shop. The shopping centre was evacuated and ventilated.

“The incident was under control by 1515. Two fire engines attends and around 10 firefighters from Harrow and Stanmore fire stations.”

Posting on social media, the We Are Harrow team said: “Due to a small electrical fire St Georges Shopping Centre was closed for a while this afternoon whilst the centre was evacuated. The centre is now open and customers may return, thank you for your patience. Please note McDonald’s Restaurant will be closed for at least the rest of the day.”