Firefighters were called to a fire at a shop on Station Road in Harrow this afternoon (25 July).
Images sent to Harrow Online show members of the public, and staff from a shop on Station Road, outside the building as London Fire Brigade entered to tackle the fire. The Brigade confirmed that multiple racks of clothing were damaged by fire. Thankfully, there were no reports of any injuries.
The fire is believed to have been caused by a firework.
A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “Remember that fireworks are explosives, and as such should be treated with respect and only used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and the Firework Code.
“Never drink alcohol and set off fireworks and don’t throw fireworks or return to a firework once it has been lit.”
The Brigade was called at 1658 and the fire was under control by 1722. Two fire engines from Northolt and Harrow fire stations attended the scene.