Harrow is to get its own augmented reality story trail to celebrate this year’s Halloween in style in the town centre.
Shoppers will be able to collect a series of digital stamps in the form of QR codes that will reveal ‘creepy creatures’ and masks that people will be able to virtually try on, take a selfie with in augmented reality, and have a chance at winning a prize!
The Harrow Town Centre team (Harrow BID) posted on Facebook: “This October take part in our free, augmented reality story trail around Harrow Town Centre. Choose what happens, collect digital stamps, try on the selfie masks and reveal the creepy creatures in AR.
“Share your picture with one of the AR masks on to our social media and tag us @weareharrow or send your picture to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your chance to win a £25 shopping voucher for a local store.”
The full list of QR code locations is as follows…
1. McDonald’s – 361 Station Road
2. Barclays UK – 355 Station Road
3. Robert Dyas – 318 Station Road
4. Ancona Italian Coffee House – 309 Station Road
5. Silver Rivet – 4 St Anns Road
6. Metro Bank UK – 1 St Anns Shopping Centre
7. British Heart Foundation Charity Shop – 57 St Anns Road
8. St Georges Shopping – St Anns Road
9. Buzz Gym London Harrow – C2 St Anns Shopping Centre
10. Sony Centre -26-28 College Road
The story trail will also feature fun ‘choices’ that people can make to expand upon their digital journey along with a fun pack that can also be downloaded.
The QR codes can be found in Harrow Town Centre from now until October 31st. To find out more, please see the Harrow Town Centre website.