3.9 C
Harrow on the Hill
Friday, December 2, 2022
HomeNewsFirefighters rescue man from burning flat in Ealing

Firefighters rescue man from burning flat in Ealing

Firefighters from Ealing and Southall fire stations rescued a man from a fire at a flat above a shop on Uxbridge Road in West Ealing on Monday (7 Nov).

Most of a three-roomed flat on the first floor of the building was damaged by fire. Crews used a 9-metre ladder to rescue a man from a first-floor window. He was taken to hospital by London Ambulance Service crews. A further two people left the building before the Brigade arrived.

The fire is believed to have been accidental and involved lithium-ion batteries, said London Fire Brigade. The initial call came in at 4:45pm and the fire was under control by 5:52pm.

 

Sign up to Harrow Online news alerts

Please wait...

Thank you for signing up!

 

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “Lithium-ion batteries are susceptible to failure if incorrect chargers are used, so it’s important to always use the correct charger for the product and buy an official one from a reputable seller.

“Batteries can also pose a risk if they have been damaged, so try to ensure they are not getting knocked around while in use as this can increase the chance of damage to cells. You should also not expose them to extremes of temperature.”