7.6 C
Harrow on the Hill
Monday, December 5, 2022
HomeNewsTwenty people evacuated from Wembley hotel as fire breaks out

Twenty people evacuated from Wembley hotel as fire breaks out

Twenty people were evacuated from a hotel in Wembley after a fire believed to be caused by e-scooter battery failure yesterday morning (10 Nov).

In a statement posted on their website, London Fire Brigade said: “Two fire engines and two fire rescue units with around 25 firefighters were called to a fire at a hotel on High Road in Wembley.

“Around 20 people evacuated the property before the Brigade arrived.

“One man was suffering from burns and was treated on scene by London Ambulance Service.

“Crews carried out a sweep of the building to confirm there were no elevated readings.
The Brigade was called at 0903 and the incident was over by 0932. Fire crews from Wembley and Euston fire stations were in attendance.

“The cause of the fire is believed to be due to an e-scooter battery failure.”

Do you have a news story for Harrow Online? If so drop us an email to info@harrowonline.org