5.9 C
Harrow on the Hill
Thursday, April 18, 2024
HomeNewsHarrow Borough reach third round of FA Trophy for the first time...

Harrow Borough reach third round of FA Trophy for the first time in 22 years

Harrow reached the third round of the FA Trophy for the first time in 22 years, with an emphatic display against Concord Rangers at their Aspect Arena. 

The Beach Boys were forced on to the back foot right from the kick off, and Borough had already threatened the home goal before, in the sixth minute, George Moore forced a mistake out of Aron Pollock before taking a couple of touches and then dispatching a shot past Josh Tuansaam to give Borough the lead. 

Only seven minutes later Harrow made it two. Moore hit a shot across the goal that Tuansaam could only parry, Montel Brown almost converted it, but Kai OmokoBrosnan thumped it home from close range at the far post.

In the 37th minute  Billy Leonard’s pass found Brown inside the area, as he was about to control the ball he was felled by Ryan Blackman. The referee had no hesitation in awarding the penalty and received no protests either. Leonard calmly sent Tuansaam the wrong way to put Borough 3-0 up.

Harrow Borough reach third round of FA Trophy for the first time in 22 years Harrow Online

In first half stoppage time the Beach Boys had a lifeline. A free kick was awarded on the edge of the visiting area and Blackman whipped the ball over the wall and beyond Jacob Knightbridge

Three minutes into the second half it really was “game on”, as Concord scored a second goal. Blackman delivered a free kick to the far post where Harrison Daymet it with a clean header, to score a debut goal. Concord had a spell of dominating the possession but did not trouble the Borough defence. In the final quarter of an hour, Harrow had the best chances. Moore put Isiah NoelWilliams in on goal but his shot hit the outside of the near post. Then from a very similar position, NoelWilliams hit a shot that went agonisingly past the far post.

Borough finally got the fourth goal in the 88th minute when Moore took the ball to a tight angle then hit a powerful crossshot that the keeper could only help into the back of the net.

Harrow Borough will now wait for the 3rd round draw that is being made on Tuesday afternoon at 3:15pm, broadcast on TalkSport 2, and which will include all the National League clubs.

On Tuesday evening the rearranged Middlesex Senior Cup tie at Hanwell Town will take place, kick off 7.45pm.

Final Score: Concord Rangers 2 – 4 Harrow Borough

Attendance: 151