11.1 C
Harrow on the Hill
Thursday, April 25, 2024
HomeNewsVUE Cinema in Harrow evacuated due to false fire alarm

VUE Cinema in Harrow evacuated due to false fire alarm

VUE Cinema in Harrow’s St George’s Shopping Centre was temporarily evacuated yesterday evening after a false fire alarm sounded.

One person stated that some moviegoers had already been an hour into their films when the alarm went off, with their own movie due to start shortly.

Despite the unexpected interruption, the venue’s staff were praised for their handling of the situation. According to the eyewitness, the staff followed protocol, wearing hi-vis clothing, and evacuating the cinema calmly. The fire brigade arrived promptly, and everyone was understanding of the situation.

VUE Cinema in Harrow evacuated due to false fire alarm Harrow Online
Harrow yesterday afternoon.

A spokesperson for London Fire Brigade said: “Firefighters were called to reports of a fire alarm sounding at a shopping centre on St Anns Road in Harrow yesterday.

“The centre was evacuated as a precaution. Following investigation, firefighters established there was no fire.

“The Brigade was called at 1855 and the incident was over for firefighters by 1925. A fire engine from Northolt Fire Station attended the scene.”

The cinema reopened shortly after being fully checked to ensure that it was safe for customers.

×