Six fire engines and around 40 firefighters tackled a fire at a shop with flats above on Sunday (13 August) in Ealing Road in Wembley.
London Fire Brigade confirmed that a storage room on the lower ground floor was destroyed by fire. Thankfully, there were no reports of any injuries.
A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “Residents were advised to keep their doors and windows shut due to the smoke and avoid the area as there was heavy traffic congestion.”
The Brigade was called at 4:53pm and the fire was under control by 8:02pm. Fire crews from Wembley, Park Royal, Northolt, Willesden and Acton fire stations attended the scene.
The cause of the fire is believed to have been electrical.