The Council are urging Harrow residents, businesses, and stakeholders to contribute to the revised Statement of Community Involvement Strategy before the window closes on August 21.
Posting via their socials, the Council said: “It’s the last chance to comment on our revised Statement of Community Involvement, which defines how we inform, consult and engage Harrow residents, businesses & stakeholders in planning decisions.”
The SCI, mandated by the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act, outlines how Harrow Council involves the community in shaping planning processes. Changes in the updated version include:
- A 17-day re-consultation period for development management applications.
- Enhanced online consultation methods, adapting to modern communication preferences.
- Flexibility in engaging during extraordinary circumstances like the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Updated consultee details and relevant webpage links.
- Adjustments to Neighbourhood Community Infrastructure Levy (NCIL) Consultation.
- Ward Members’ involvement in major planning applications (10+ units).
While not legally required, the council historically values community input for enhancing the SCI. Participation is possible through an online survey or by emailing LDF@harrow.gov.uk.
This presents an opportunity to influence local planning decisions. Get involved before August 21 by visiting https://ow.ly/uW3I50PoPkL.