20 C
Harrow on the Hill
Saturday, June 22, 2024
HomeNewsFire at block of flats in Wembley 'most likely caused by by...

Fire at block of flats in Wembley ‘most likely caused by by unsafe disposal of smoking materials’

Five fire engines and around 35 firefighters were called to a fire at a block of flats on Fulton Road in Wembley yesterday evening, 15 Jan.

London Fire Brigade confirmed that a small part of a first floor flat in a 21 storey building was destroyed by fire. Fire investigators found the property didn’t have working smoke alarms and the fire was most likely caused by the unsafe disposal of smoking materials.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “This incident shows just how vital it is to have working smoke alarms.

“It’s also a timely reminder for smokers to ensure your cigarette is completely out when you’ve finished smoking it.”

London Fire Brigade was called at 18:05 and the fire was under control by 20:34. Fire crews from Wembley, Park Royal and Stanmore fire stations were in attendance.

Never miss another news story, subscribe to Harrow Online for FREE!