A burglary happened on Camrose Avenue, Edgware last week, leaving residents in distress as they returned home to discover their premises had been broken into through the rear door in the kitchen leading to the garden area.
The incident took place between 1:15pm and 6:45pm, with the suspect(s) gaining entry by smashing the bottom glass door panel.
In response to the incident, PCSO Orr provided a list of recommendations to help residents protect their homes:
- Consider buying an intruder alarm system.
- Install security lights.
- Secure side gates.
- Erect high side and rear boundaries with trellis and spiky defensive planting.
- Ensure doors and windows are fully locked.
- Never leave tools lying around.
- Chain or place your bins away from fencing and gates.
Residents are encouraged to report any suspicious behaviour or information related to the burglary via 101.