14.4 C
Harrow on the Hill
Tuesday, July 16, 2024
HomeNewsFire in Greenford 'believed to have been caused by a candle'

Fire in Greenford ‘believed to have been caused by a candle’

London Fire Brigade have reminded people about the dangers of candles after a fire on Greenford Road in Greenford.

The brigade confirmed that part of the first floor of a two-storey semi-detached house was damaged by fire. One woman left the house before firefighters arrived and she was treated by London Ambulance Service crews from smoke inhalation.

The fire is being treated as accidental and believed to have been caused by a candle.

ADVERTISEMENT

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “Candles are one of the most common causes of fire. It’s really important that you never leave a candle unattended and keep them away from anything else that can easily catch alight.”

The Brigade was called at 11:23pm and the fire was brought under control shortly before midnight. Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters from Southall, Ealing and Northolt fire stations attended the scene.

Never miss another news story, subscribe to Harrow Online for FREE!