14.4 C
Harrow on the Hill
Sunday, May 26, 2024
HomeNewsFirefighters issue warning after hostel blaze in Brent

Firefighters issue warning after hostel blaze in Brent

Firefighters have issued a warning to smokers after a fire at a hostel on Pound Lane in Willesden on Sunday (14 April).

The Brigade confirmed that a studio flat on the third floor of the building was destroyed by fire. Thankfully, there were no reports of any injuries.

The fire is believed to have been accidental and caused by the unsafe disposal of smoking materials.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “If you’re a smoker, it’s absolutely vital you ensure your cigarette is completely out when you’ve finished smoking it. If you don’t, you risk causing a fire which could not only destroy your home, but also cost you your life.

“Firefighters recommend that you have a look at our online Home Fire Safety Checker to make sure there are no hidden hazards in your home.

“The online tool will ask you a series of questions that will help us work out the level of risk in your home, or the home of someone you care for. It only takes a few minutes to get tailored advice to keep yourself and loved ones safe from fire.”

The Brigade was called at 03:06am and the fire was under control by 04:21am. Fire crews from Willesden, Park Royal and West Hampstead fire stations attended the scene.

×